Wednesday, December 18, 2013

SMP Projects

While attending the mid-year SMP projects, Henry Berenstein and Anuli Durulu's work caught my eye.  Henry is an art major with a focus on digital media.  His SMP progression was a trailer for a short film called Gipetto.  The trailer was created by first drawing the characters on paper and then on the computer with a tablet.  The film features many types of animals at a party.  The animals are all asking and trying to figure out who Gipetto is, the problem is that is he so quiet.  The animals each have their own styles and voices  I really enjoyed the trailer, I actually sat watching it for many reels and replays.

With a very different style, I also enjoyed Anuli Durulu's work.  She covered her sectional with a grid like pattern of masks.  Each row was different.  My favorite row was the center one.  This featured pop culture masks, including ones of Mickey Mouse and Lady Gaga.  The bottom row were masks of different plain faces, different ethnicities and skin tones.  The row between the two seemed to feature religiously decorated and outfitted masks.  I really enjoy what she did and find it very appealing.

Over all, I cannot wait to see all of their finished products at the end of the semester, even though that means it is my turn next.  I also enjoyed all of the other work, including the works of Kristen Seymore and Rachel Heiss.  I love going into the gallery and exploring others works.  There were also many astonishing pieces in the studio, specifically I enjoyed the piece about moving water and the photography major one featuring broken glass and a quote on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment